Whether you are a teacher or a busy mom, Valentine candy craft ideas can help keep children creatively occupied for awhile.
Quick and Easy Valentine Candy Craft Ideas
The following ideas are great for younger children, and when you only have a small period of time to complete a Valentine's Day craft. They make great activities for Valentine's Day parties as well as good gifts for classmates.
Jar of Hugs and Kisses
Is there anyone that can resist hugs and kisses on Valentine's Day?
- Small jelly jars with tops
- Hershey's Hugs
- Hershey's Kisses
- Pink or red ribbon
- Small tag or a computer created label "Hugs and Kisses"
- Fill the jars with a few Hugs and a few Kisses.
- Put the top on the jar.
- Write a note on the tag that says "To _____, Hugs and Kisses from ______. Alternatively, you can place a computer created label on the jar.
Candy Cane Hearts
A fun Valentine candy craft idea is to take two candy canes and glue them together to make a heart shape.
- An even number of candy canes
- Low temperature glue gun
- Red ribbon
- Glue the wrapped candy canes together at the bottom and at the tops to form a heart.
- Allow the glue to set.
- Make a bow with the ribbon and glue to the heart. (Make a loop if you want to be able to hang the heart.)
Candy coated pretzel rods are fun and easy.
- Pretzel rods
- White chocolate, chopped
- Candy to sprinkle on the pretzel, such as:
- Pink and red jimmies
- Small pink and red candy hearts
- Chopped pink, red, and white M&M candies
- Plastic treat bags to put the pretzels in
- Ribbon for tying up the treat bag
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave on low heat.
- Stir the chocolate until it is smooth.
- Dip the bottom half of the pretzel rods in the melted white chocolate.
- Quickly sprinkle the candies over the chocolate covered pretzel rods.
- Allow the chocolate to harden.
- Place the pretzels in gift bags and use ribbon to tie them closed.
Making rosebuds from Hershey's Kisses is a craft that most older elementary students can do. They make great favors for parties, wedding receptions, and spring teas as well.
Materials (for each rose):
- Two Hershey's Kisses
- Five inch square of red or pink cellophane
- Twelve inches of green chenille pipe cleaner for the stem
- Green florist's tape
- Silk rose leaves
- Fold the pipe cleaner in half.
- Place the Kisses on the cellophane so that the flat ends meet and the pointed ends point to opposite corners.
- Fold the cellophane over the Kisses to make a triangle. The Kisses are now contained inside a diagonal triangle.
- Fold the bottom point of the triangle up to meet the top point of the triangle.
- Twist the ends together at the top to make a rosebud around the two Hershey Kisses.
- Twist the chenille around the cellophane ends and twist it all the way down.
- Hold the silk leaves in place on the stem.
- Wrap the stem with florist's tape, keeping the leaves in place.
- Once you have covered the stem all the way down then wrap with the tape back up the stem a few inches.
- Repeat the process for each rosebud.
More Candy Crafts for Valentine's Day
You can find many more crafts for Valentine's Day on the Internet. Some of them are:
- Cupid Poop
- Valentine's candy wreath
- Conversation hearts craft
- Conversation hearts votive holder
- Valentine's Day mouse
- Candy roses
- Lady bug craft with Sixlets candy
- Candy Sundae
- Candy bar butterfly
- Valentine's Sweetie Pots
Be Safe, Have Fun
If you are using these Valentine candy craft ideas for kids, follow basic safety rules. Never allow small children be around glue guns without supervision. They get very hot and can cause severe burns if the point or the glue is touched. If you will be doing these crafts with a large group of children, make sure that there is sufficient adult supervision. Some children will require more help than others.