Summer is here, Vacation Bible School is just around the corner and you need free craft ideas about Adam and Eve for small children. Or, maybe it is the middle of winter and you have just found out you have to teach the preschool class on Sunday. No worries, LoveToKnow Crafts has what you need. Coloring pages to print out, a no-bake snake snack that kids can make themselves and many other great projects for you to choose from are only a click away.
Apple Stamp Craft
Most people associate the story of Adam and Eve with an apple. Small children enjoy playing with their food, and apples are often a favorite snack. Try this fun apple stamped apron to tie in with both the eating of the apple and God covering Adam and Eve's bodies with clothing. This activity will take about 30 to 45 minutes and the children will need some help.
You may also want to take a look at Apple Crafts for Kids for more ideas.
- Canvas apron for each child
- Old sheet, newspaper, or plastic tablecloth to cover tables
- Fabric paint
- Paint brushes
- Sharp knife for cutting the apples
- Cover the table with the newspaper, or fabric. Lay the aprons out on the tables.
- Give the children brushes and brown paint and allow them to make a tree trunk. Let dry.
- The teacher should cut half the apples in half, horizontally. Each child should get a half.
- Press the apple in the green paint and then around the painted tree trunk to make leaves. Keep the paint layer on the apple thin for best results.
- Allow to dry.
- Cut the remaining apples in half vertically. Brush with the red or the yellow paint and use it to stamp apples onto the tree.
You can also use this technique to make reusable bags, vests, and other fabric items.
For another, easier version of this craft you may want to check out the instructions at DLTK Kids for the fingerprint apple tree.
Make a Paper Chain Snake
While the snake should never be the hero of this story, having children make a snake craft while talking about resisting temptation can be a great way for them to remember the lesson.
- Construction paper in colors of choice
- Glue sticks for each child
- Large size googly eyes from your local craft shop
- Red pipe cleaners
- Get several colors of construction paper to cut into strips. You may want to use greens, yellows, and browns, or more fanciful colors. Strips should be approximately 1 ½ inches wide and 6 inches long.
- Give each child several of the strips, a pair of the eyes, and a glue stick. Show them how to construct a paper chain by making a loop and then feeding another strip through it.
- Glue the eyes on the first loop to make it look like a snake.
- Carefully push the pipe cleaner through the first loop to make a tongue. Bend it in any shape you like.
You can also use homemade playdough to let the children make snakes, as well as figures of Adam and Eve.
Adam and Eve Coloring Pages to Print
Coloring pages are a big favorite among the smaller children and they are easy to print out in whatever number you need. Here are some that are especially good:
Where to Find Other Free Craft Ideas about Adam and Eve for Small Children
Since it is such a popular story, there are many free craft ideas about Adam and Eve. For small children, doing a hands-on activity helps them to remember a lesson for a long time. Use activities, projects, and crafts generously when working with children for the best lessons ever.