If it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, gather up your hooks and yarn to crochet these Christmas decorations for your home. These free patterns are fast, easy, and perfect for using up yarn leftovers from previous projects. Click on the image of the patterns below to download and print the Adobe files.
Crochet Candy Cane Softie
This candy cane softie is fun and versatile as it can decorate your home in a variety of ways. Add them to a wreath as a sweet welcome for holiday guests, hook them over branches on your Christmas tree as ornaments, or make several to fill a basket for display on a fireplace hearth. Basic stitches make this pattern a great choice for a beginner and can be completed in about an hour.
Crochet Ruffle Tree
Make this easy crochet ruffle tree as a stand-alone centerpiece, or alter the length of the ruffle trim to create a forest of trees in differing heights. A repetitive shell is utilized to form the ruffles of the trim using simple crochet stitches. Basic crafting skills are all that is left for the construction of your tree. Project takes 2 to 3 hours.
More Free LoveToKnow Christmas Crochet
LoveToKnow has quite a library of free crochet patterns. Check out more Christmas crochet projects to put the finishing touches on your cozy crochet Christmas.
- Christmas Stocking Crochet Pattern: Start early with this Christmas stocking pattern because you will want to make one for everybody in your family. Inspired by vintage heel-toe socks, this stocking pattern is easy and suitable for a beginner to crochet.
- Free Crochet Patterns for Christmas Bells: No matter whether you choose the common dome-shaped bell or the whimsical jingle bell, you will love these quick crochet ornaments. Make them for your tree, to decorate packages, or as your next best seller at Christmas craft shows. These easy crochet bell ornaments are great for a beginner but also enjoyable for an experienced hooker.
- Free Crochet Christmas Tree Skirt Pattern: Reminiscent of a ripple stitched afghan, this tree skirt will add the finishing touch to your tree trimming party. This pattern requires intermediate crochet skills and will take some time. Be sure to start this skirt earlier in the year to finish in time for holiday decorating.
- Free Santa Ornament Crochet Pattern: Add this Santa ornament to your tree this year or make up several as group gifts for class mates or co-workers. You can even omit the hanger and add a pin back for sweaters and jackets. Basic stitches were used for this easy ornament.
- Crochet Pattern for Gift Card Holders: Gift cards are wonderful ideas for those hard to shop for people on your list, but packaging can be a bit boring. Spruce up that card with an adorable gift card holder that can double as a tree ornament. Suitable for a beginner.
Christmas Crochet Anytime
Christmas seems to sneak up on us every year, and that Christmas crochet wish list can be overwhelming in November. Eliminate the stress by starting your projects early in the new year to give you more time to enjoy the holidays when they roll around.