If you're making unique handmade cards for relatives, using these free templates can make your project much easier. Add your message and print, or use these card templates for making your own cards with your paper crafting supplies. Either way, your cards are sure to be a hit.
Three Free Templates
These three templates are free to download and use again and again to create your own cards. Click on the images to open the printable .pdf file. Print out the images on your choice of paper or cardstock, cut them out and embellish them with your choice of notions and text. You also have the option to download and save the files for later use.
If you need help downloading any of the printables, check out these helpful tips.
The box card involves a little more work to put together than the others but the results are worth the extra time. Visual instructions for creating the exploding box card will help you through each step.
Customize Your Printed Templates
There are lots of ways you can make your own cards using templates like these as your starting point. Once you print your card onto some card stock, use the following techniques to make it your own:
- Score the card where indicated before folding to ensure a clean crease.
- Lay the cut out card on a piece of scrapbook paper and trace its outline. Cut out the paper and glue it onto the card for a quick pattern or pop of color.
- Add a ribbon into a bow and use it to embellish your purse card.
- Punch holes in the top of the purse card and add a ribbon as a "strap."
- Add a small ribbon bow or a rhinestone buckle to the shoe card on the toe area.
- Use a piece of ribbon to delineate the sole and upper portion of the shoe.
- Fill your box card with candies or a small toy.
- Place photographs or stickers on the inside of the box card, leaving the exterior plain for a fun surprise when it is opened.
- Top the lid of the box card with a tissue flower or a large bow.
- Add text on the inside and outside of your cards through calligraphy, rubber stamping or stickers.
Making Your Own Cards
Hand made cards using free templates are easy to make. They are a great way to let friends and family know you're thinking of them regardless of the occasion. Making them on your own can be more frugal than buying them in the store, and it's always more sentimental to add your own personal touches.