From ghosts and goblins to skeletons and witches, making craft decorations for Halloween is fun for the whole family.
People decorate their homes and yards for Halloween in many different ways. A frightfully scary graveyard with tombstones and ghosts hanging from tree branches might be next door to a yard full of happy faced pumpkins, Casper the Ghost and a witch on her broomstick that crashed into a tree. Regardless of the kinds of decorations you love, making them is almost as much fun as Halloween itself.
Halloween crafts range from simple paper plate pumpkins and egg carton bats that are easy enough for preschoolers to make to cute hanging welcome witches or scary tabletop ghosts that are fun for all family members to create.
Easy Halloween Decorations for Preschoolers
There are many great websites with Halloween crafts that are perfect for younger children. For example:
- Your preschoolers will have fun making ghosts with plastic grocery bags and balloons on the Enchanted Learning site.
- Preschool Education offers dozens of Halloween crafts for preschoolers.
Craft Stick Halloween Decorations
Halloween decorations made from craft sticks are easy to make. If you do not have craft sticks, use popsicle or ice cream pop sticks. The following are three very cute decorations for Halloween:
- This adorable fence with black cats looks great anywhere and is very easy to put together.
- Make a few mummies to put in a scary tabletop scene.
- A haunted house centerpiece is fun and festive.
Spooky and Scary Craft Decorations for Halloween
If you love spooky or scary decorations, these crafts are the ones for you.
- Excellent instructions for Halloween tombstones made form plastic foam are found on the HGTV website.
- Make a life size skeleton from plastic milk jugs.
Where to Find Halloween Crafts Online
The Internet has many excellent websites that offer instructions for making Halloween decorations. The following are a sampling of these informative online resources:
- Enchanted Learning offers many great craft decorations for kids from kindergarten through third grade.
- Dozens of Halloween craft ideas are offered on Family Fun. The craft projects are divided into the following four areas:
- Ghosts and body parts
- Creepy critters
- Boneyard favorites
- Monsters, Pumpkins and Witches
- Hundreds of Halloween craft decoration ideas for kids are offered at Making Friends.
- Ben and Jerry's and Hershey's both offer instructions for Halloween craft decorations.
- For decorations that are a little different, visit My Craft Book. Among the interesting Halloween craft decorations offered by this wonderful crafting website are the following:
- Bats and ghosts tablecloth
- A 3D bat mobile
- Halloween spider web wreath
- Clay pot witch
- Witch on a broom
- Scarecrows, witches, mummies and ghosts are just some of the Halloween decorations to make for Halloween with instructions found on the Family Corner website. The following are a few of the fun crafts offered:
- Gentleman ghost
- Clothespin vampire bat
- Chenille stem skeleton
- Ghoulish stick figures
- Halloween yarn bugs
- Salt dough ghost family and other spooky creatures
Whether you make one Halloween decoration or a houseful, the enjoyment of making craft decorations for Halloween will last far beyond the holiday.