Beaded snowflake crafts make it easy to add a festive touch to your home's winter décor. You can hang snowflakes from your Christmas tree, tie them to your holiday packages, or dangle them from your windows to add a touch of sparkle to a dreary winter day. Snowflakes are also a great project for kids on those long winter afternoons.
Easy Beaded Snowflake Craft for Kids
This fun craft is perfect for school-aged kids to do independently or for preschoolers to do with adult help. It uses materials you probably already have on hand in your craft supply box, and it allows for lots of fun and creativity in choosing the colors for the beads.
Things You'll Need
For each snowflake, you'll need the following items:
- Three silver or white pipe cleaners
- 18 metallic pony beads in assorted colors
What to Do
More Fun Snowflake Crafts With Beads
There are lots of fun ways to make a snowflake using beads. Consider some of these great projects:
- Kay Ray offers a more complicated but very beautiful seed bead snowflake design that's perfect for older kids and adults.
- Crafts for All Seasons has instructions for making elegant snowflake ornaments from crystal beads, styrofoam, and corsage pins.
- AllFreeCrochet has a pattern that lets you incorporate pretty beads into a beautiful crocheted snowflake.
- Bead Jewelry Making has instructions to help you make a tiny snowflake pendant for your favorite necklace.
- Christmas Projects offers a slightly more sophisticated looking snowflake ornament that's appropriate for older children.
Add Some Sparkle to Your Home
Whether you're crafting with kids or on your own, making a beaded snowflake is a great way to pass the time on a winter afternoon. From Christmas tree ornaments to pretty winter decorations, there are lots of ways to add a little sparkle to your home with these fun projects.