Duct tape crafts are a fun, innovative and inexpensive way to get creative. Duct tape comes in lots of bold colors, perfect for making things like flowers. Learn how to fold and cut your duct tape into different flowers that you can turn into hair clips, pen toppers, or any sort of embellishment.
Button Flower Clip
This lightweight flower is made to have a pin or clip attached to the back so you can wear it on a lapel or in your hair.
- Duct tape
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Decorative button
- Pin or clip to attach the finished flower to
- Cut two strips of duct tape approximately 2-inches long and stick them together.
- Cut a 1-1/2-inch flower petal out of the duct tape strip with the flat edge forming the bottom of the flower. Set it aside.
- Repeat until you have 11 flower petals.
- Hold a petal in your dominant hand and pinch the sides together on the flat end. Put a dab of hot glue in the middle to hold the petal in this shape.
- Repeat for the remaining petals.
- Take two petals and glue them together side by side on their flat ends. Continue gluing the petals together until they form a circle.
- Glue a decorative button into the center of the flower to cover the area where the petals join.
- Cut two more 2-inch strips of duct tape and stick them together.
- Cut a circle out of the center of the duct tape and glue it to the back of the flower. You can now attach the pin or clip of your choice to the circle on back of the flower, and wear it.
Opening Flower Bud
This opening flower bud can be attached to the top of a pen or pencil to give it a stem.
- Duct tape
- Cut a piece of duct tape 2-inches in length.
- Lay it sticky-side up on the work surface in front of you.
- Fold the upper right corner down to the middle of the strip.
- Fold the upper left corner down to the middle of the strip. This will form a point at the top and leave the bottom section still sticky.
- Roll up the piece of duct tape from one side to the other, with the point in the middle, to form the center of the flower.
- Cut another piece of duct tape 2-inches long and fold the corners in to form a point.
- Wrap this piece of duct tape around the first rolled piece to form a pointed petal.
- Repeat, folding and wrapping several pieces of duct tape around the first piece until you get to the desired width. Rotate the flower as you wrap the pieces around. This will evenly distribute the points around the bloom.
- Gently fold the points of the petals back after the flower has been formed to open it up slightly.
- If desired, hold the bottom of the flower against the top of a pen or pencil and wrap a loose piece of duct tape around both to secure them together.
Create Some Fun Flowers
Duct tape can be used in a variety of ways to make fun flower crafts like bouquets or embellishments. Start with these two designs and see where you can go with your duct tape crafting.