Yummy things are usually fattening, but this sweet cupcake has absolutely no calories. Make this crocheted cupcake using basic stitches that are ideal for a beginner. The pattern is completely free and can easily be finished in an evening.
Crocheted Cupcake Pattern
Crochet cupcake-shaped pincushions, party favors or a child's toy using this free pattern.
To print the pattern, click on the thumbnail image below. The printable PDF pattern will open in a new tab. If you have trouble downloading or printing the pattern, try these helpful tips.
You can easily change the look of your cupcake with a simple tweak or two:
- The yarn colors for both the frosting and the liners can be changed to fit a variety of celebration themes or personal preferences.
- Change up your sprinkle options with buttons, sequins, pom poms or beads from old jewelry.
More Crocheted Cupcake Patterns
- Repeat Crafter Me has an awesome tutorial for crocheting a cupcake pixel blanket. This twin-size bed covering may, at first glance, seem a bit intimidating, but each pixel of the design is actually a small granny square. A great project for a beginner.
- Make a crocheted cupcake container using a recycled margarine tub and the pattern on Crafty Tuts. The cupcake liner and cupcake top are attached to the outside of the tub, secretly hiding the container inside. Because of a few intermediate stitches, this pattern is more suitable for a crocheter who has advanced past the beginning stitches of crochet.
- An adorable cupcake dishcloth pattern on Twinkie Chan is another intermediate level design. This dishcloth would be an adorable birthday gift for a friend.
Crocheting to Relax
Crocheting can be used to manipulate yarn into a vast array of decorative, wearable and functional items. It is also a great de-stresser. Pick up a ball of yarn and a crochet hook and relax for a while, creating something you're sure to love.