Making a New Year's inspirational craft can be a great way to celebrate the spirit of the holiday.
About New Year's Inspirational Crafts
The New Year represents a chance for a fresh start, which is why many people choose this time to begin working towards their personal goals. Once you've decided on your own New Year's resolutions, make a craft that will help put you on the path to success.
Instead of purchasing a planner to keep you organized for the New Year, why not make your own?
- Binder with cover that allows for a paper insert
- Favorite family photos
- Scrapbook paper
- Computer and printer
- Three-hole punch
- Print calendar pages and organizer sheets from the Organized Home website.
- Design monthly or weekly divider pages for your binder. Add inspirational quotes or sayings that relate to your goal. If you don't have a favorite quote in mind, search for quotes on a variety of topics by visiting the Quote Garden website.
- Use a three-hole punch to add your calendar, organizer sheets, and dividers to your binder.
- Use scrapbook paper, stickers, and your favorite family photos to make a customized cover for your binder. Insert the cover in to the plastic page protector when you're finished.
A journal jar with writing prompts is a wonderful New Year's inspirational craft that can improve your writing skills while increasing awareness of your personal goals.
- Clear glass jar
- Scrapbook paper
- Paint the jar lid in the color of your choice.
- Use scrapbook paper, ribbon, and stickers to make a decorative label for your jar.
- Fill the jar with journaling prompts. ScrapJazz has hundreds of different journaling prompts to choose from in various categories.
An inspiration board is a changing display of photos and memorabilia with personal meaning. This is a fun New Year's inspirational craft to make when you're in need of a little extra encouragement.
- Stretched art canvas with a wooden frame
- Patterned fabric
- Bias tape in a color that coordinates with the fabric
- Needle and thread
- Fabric glue
- Heavy duty staple gun and staples
- Double-sided tape
- Postcards, magazine clippings, letters, or other items that represent your goals for yourself
- Iron your fabric to remove any creases.
- Place three or four strips of double-sided tape across the front of your canvas.
- Lay the fabric over the front of the canvas, being careful to keep it pulled tight.
- Glue the edges of the fabric to the side of the canvas, as if you were wrapping a present.
- Mark the center of each side of the canvas.
- Arrange the bias tape in a diagonal grid connected each of the center lines. Staple the bias tape into place on the edge of the canvas.
- Sew buttons to the intersections of the bias tape.
- Hang your board, then add inspirational items as the mood strikes.
Sometimes, we need a little reminder of what's important in order to help us get through the day. Design an inspirational bracelet that you can wear to boost your mood and keep you focused on your goals.
- Bead board
- Large beads in your favorite color
- Small beads in a coordinating color
- Alphabet beads
- Elastic stretch cord
- Clear nail polish
- Decide on a message for your bracelet. Your message can be a short saying, a motivational word or phrase, the names of your children, or whatever else inspires you to reach for your goals.
- Spell out your message on your bead board with the alphabet beads.
- Arrange the large beads and small beads in an alternating pattern on each side of the message. Keep in mind that your bracelet should be between seven and nine inches in length to accommodate the average adult wrist. Measure a bracelet in your jewelry box if you're not sure what size is best.
- When you're pleased with your design, string the beads on the elastic stretch cord.
- Cut the cord and tie the ends together with a secure knot.
- Add a bit of clear nail polish to the knot for extra reinforcement.
Regardless of which project you choose, one of these ideas will help you stay inspired throughout the new year.