As you're preparing for your holiday meal, consider using free printable placemats as part of your Thanksgiving table. In addition to being a frugal way to decorate for the season, these placemats can also provide a source of entertainment for your guests and an activity to keep the kids busy.
Free Thanksgiving Placemats
These free placemats will add a festive touch to your Thanksgiving table. Children can color the pilgrim placemat or complete the maze and connect the dots puzzle on the activity placemat. The design with the leaf border can be used to help little ones learn to set the table or as a decoration that can be personalized with a handwritten message for each guest.
To create your placemats, click on the image of your choice. Save the PDF file to your computer. Open the file using Adobe Reader and print as desired. Placemats should be printed on white or ivory colored cardstock to ensure durability.
If you wish to reuse your placemats, consider taking them to an office supply store to be laminated or covering them with clear Con-Tact paper at home. In the case of the black and white coloring page and activity placemats, children can then use washable dry erase markers to complete the activities as many times as they wish.
More Printable Placemat Crafts
You can find additional Thanksgiving placemats from a variety of sources, such as:
- Cut and paste placemat craft: This project encourages preschoolers to improve their proficiency with scissors. Kids can color the pilgrim, turkey, and cornucopia decorations before cutting and pasting them onto the placemat border of their choice.
- Activity placemat for older children: Children who can easily write on their own will enjoy creating a Thanksgiving day poem as part of this cute activity placemat.
- Joke placemat: This placemat from My Sister's Suitcase features child-friendly Thanksgiving day jokes and several tic-tac-toe grids.
- Heart placemat: If you're looking for a versatile placemat design, this heart pattern fits the bill. Children can draw pictures of what they are thankful for inside each heart, while adults can write a short list. When you're finished, everyone can share their handiwork with each other. You'll need to scroll down the page to find the printable.
- Bible verse coloring placemat: This beautifully designed Bible verse coloring page is a lovely way to share your faith with your guests.
- Colorful turkey placemat: For a last minute project, print these turkey placemats and write each guest's name in the empty spot. If desired, you can also assemble the matching printable turkey table centerpiece.
Making Special Memories
Placemats can often double as souvenirs from your Thanksgiving meal. If you don't have the storage space required to save the placemats themselves, you could try taking digital photos of each person with their finished placemat and creating a collage for your family scrapbook album. As the years pass, it will be fun to look back at your child's preschool coloring pages or her list of things she was most thankful for. Over time, this can become a tradition for multiple generations to enjoy.